Monday 5 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO DOLLY LOVERS
,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.
JANUARY 2015
 
We have had some long cold frosty nights just lately,  a good time for a little sewing and knitting. These photos have been taken in the greenhouse of Sasha wearing the outfit I have just completed. I think it has a 1950s look about it , the soft hand knitted cardigan is a 1950s dolly knitting pattern. I was a child in the 1940s/50s and we always had long fawn socks , if we had white ankle socks it was a really special time.

Sorry this outfit is not for sale
 








 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.
    The outfit looks lovely and I love the socks. It does look very fifties, I love the purple check dress with the warm cardigan
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, its a nice colour woven shirting fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I remember wearing socks just like those - my mother made me use my Christmas money from my uncle to buy thm because 'young ladies should wear white ones!' I was about 6 and far from being a young lady, such a little 'laddie-lass' as tmboys were called in rural Yorkshire! How I loved my grey socks, worth the whole 2 shillings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, bring back long grey socks . I seem to remember always pulling them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous outfit, I can understand why it isn't for sale. I had long grey socks (with green and yellow bands at the top) for winter uniform at school in SA (yes, it did get cold). We had tartan skirts which were actually woven polyester not wool which wasn't very warming - our knees got cold and we were very glad of the long socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes how silly was that, I can remember walking to school in wet windy weather and the area from the top of our boots to the bottom of our coat was always red, wet and cold---- we survived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely outfit ..especially admire the patience you have to knit such wonderful socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. christina meatyard29 January 2015 at 15:19

    Such a swreet little outfit, I can see why you decided to keep it.

    ReplyDelete